ShadowKit is a tool to aid in the recovery of Windows Volume Shadow Copy files in Windows 7 to Windows 10. The pain and time involved in recovering shadow copy files made it clear a better way was needed. A lot of hard work and testing has gone in to making this tool. I hope you find it useful.
- Recover deleted files from Shadow Copies
- Extract what you want with a user friendly interface
- No need to create a virtual machine of an acquired Win7 image to extract Shadow Copies
- No need to do hacks like mklink+robocopy to extract Shadow Copies
- No need for compiling source code.
*Microsoft .Net 4.0 Framework
Check easymetadata.com for the latest!
“Standard” is free and will remain free. Value add features will likely be bundled in to a non free version in the future.
I have tested on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 (x64 editions). Due to changes in Windows 10 it is currently not supported. If you run into issues please post bugs in the ShadowKit forums! Always check results against a secondary tools!