The next alpha release of MetaDiver is coming together nicely.
Lots of new features in the works. Major new features being added. I’m still coding, plus better testing on various Windows environments before I put it out there for you to break further. I plan to post open source projects relied upon to github in accordance with individual license requirements and will be acknowledged and linked from the app. Some features will eventually be migrated to a paid version once I have time to do all of that. For now though enjoy the free candy.
New features coming with v2.0.2 Alpha 3:
- Email support – read headers (MSG, PST, EML) – including extended mapi goodies
- Email – export to file (MSG or EML)
- Windows shortcut parsing LNK and Jumplists
- Legacy office doc’s ’97-2003 support added
- Archive file enumeration (zip, 7z, arj, rar, gzip, bzip2, iso, vhd, vhdx, vmdk, cab)
- Column width’s are remembered using sqlite settings database
- Review form: panel’s are now sizeable
- Transition to SQLite backend
- Improvements to error handling when file permission denied (Users like to select the entire partition, click and forget…)
- OpenXml document mapping bug fixes
- DPI scaling improvements
- Datagrid large dataset support for reviewing large amounts of information!
- Various bug fixes and UI improvements
- Other stuff I have forgotten
If you have thoughts about MetaDiver you think would add value then please let me know! You can contact me on Twitter via direct message or just comment on this post.