Many changes to talk about but to remain brief I have listed a few below. Hope you enjoy MetaDiver and send feedback!
What’s New – Release 1.1
- PDF XMP MetaData is extracted as well as more information for Windows Shortcuts, and URL files.
- Nearly total rewrite for parallel threading making it much faster!
- User Interface has been improved.
- Option only extract Shell meta-data.
- File hashing has been added for MD5 and SHA1.
- XML and JSON export formats added.
- You can review before exporting using the “Review” button or just auto export.
- Option to show only certain file type by extension.
- A predefined list of fields (over 300) now set allowing for re-ordering columns and assigning to certain file types in the future, etc…
- Check for new release in the About window.
- Some logging added.
- Lots of bug files.
In the works
- A professional paid version with features an Enterprise user or Examiner expect such as case information, reports, database output as well as user support.
- Continue to expand the meta-data that can be recovered for file types by writing parsing libraries to include additional forensically relevant information.
- GPS location information for Images.
- Option to skip shell extraction and go with 3rd party libs only.
- Enhance the way you choose file types to use.
- Exclude columns.
New look! New Features!